+ Reply to Thread
Discuss Memory Issues at the Bugs and Issues within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; I keep getting an error stating "Insufficient storage available" when trying to install or update an app. I have moved ...
    Thanks

Memory Issues

I keep getting an error stating "Insufficient storage available" when trying to install or update an app. I have moved all possible apps to the memory card but still getting this error.

I noticed a coincidence when trying to send several phone pictures via email. not sure if they are in a temporary folder and were never cleared out. I have rebooted the phone but still running low on memory.

Can anyone recommend something to try to determine why I have so little space left?

Thanks
    Use the App2SD app to move your apps to your SD card. Delete apps you don't use. Delete old texts and emails. Don't sync facebook contacts. Use a cache clearing app. As a last resort, do a Factory reset (you will have to redownload your apps and will need to backup all your pictures, texts, data)
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Favum 1.1d ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Decks Reloaded ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • MIUI ICS ROM (wife's)
    B&N Nook Color • CM 7.2 Mirage Kang ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Mokee ROM
    EVO Shift• MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G • Stock

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I installed and ran the app and now have 42MB free of 428. Is there a way of finding out exactly what is consuming all that space?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mannymendez25 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I installed and ran the app and now have 42MB free of 428. Is there a way of finding out exactly what is consuming all that space?
    Use an app like ES file manager or Astro to check the files on your phone. Emails, texts and facebook are usually the ones that eat memory quickly. You can also use Appbrain to make lists of your apps that you can uninstall and reinstall only when you need them.
    EVO Shift• MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G • Stock

Thanks
    I added up all the app sizes in add2SD and they are consuming 140MB of 426MB available. How much space does a typical clean OS install consume?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mannymendez25 View Post
    I added up all the app sizes in add2SD and they are consuming 140MB of 426MB available. How much space does a typical clean OS install consume?
    Sounds like you need to do a factory reset that could remove all the necessary "junk" files. You would have to backup all your stuff and reinstall all your apps though. It's a pain in the butt but it's worth it.
    EVO Shift• MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G • Stock

+ Reply to Thread