+ Reply to Thread
Discuss evo shift sms problems at the Bugs and Issues within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; I've had my shift for 5 months now. Every other day I will send or receive a text that has ...
    Thanks

evo shift sms problems

I've had my shift for 5 months now. Every other day I will send or receive a text that has the wrong time. Say I send/receive at 8 am, but the text will say 11 pm. And the following texts will show above the messed up text showing the correct time. If I power cycle the phone (which I have been doing DAILY) it will send out copies of texts. My husband has an evo & most of his texts to me are not received or he doesn't get mine. I want to spike this phone onto the cement then drive over it. I'll get an SMS error code after sending some texts and then power cycle. UGH! Frustrated!

Thanks
    Are you using the stock messaging app? I'm not sure about the EVO Shift but the stock messaging app on the EVO has a lot of bugs and what you have written is a common complaint. I suggest using a messaging app like Chomp, Handcent or GO SMS. They work alot better than the stock messaging app.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Favum 1.1d ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Decks Reloaded ROM
    HTC EVO 4G MIUI ICS ROM (wife's)
    B&N Nook Color CM 7.2 Mirage Kang ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Mokee ROM
    EVO Shift MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G Stock

Thanks
    I started getting this error last week. I would send texts to my wife and it would do the same thing. And the times were off, sometimes by minutes sometimes by hours. All i did was a factory reset (which I hate doing) and it worked fine.

Thanks
    I had the time stamp issue as soon as i got the phone. I was in the store way too many times within that first 30 days. I decided to keep it since the package was still so much cheaper then my previous verizon plan. Now....the time stamp issue isnt so bad but Im not receiving most of my texts. Is there any help on this topic? Something to fix or do?

+ Reply to Thread