+ Reply to Thread
Discuss Barcode Scanner Attachments at the HTC Evo Accessories within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; I have a customer who is looking for some sort of barcode scanner so that they can quickly take inventory ...
    Thanks

Barcode Scanner Attachments

I have a customer who is looking for some sort of barcode scanner so that they can quickly take inventory and reorder parts for their service tech's trucks. I have looked at Grabba ( Attachments for PDA and Smartphone. 1D barcode scanner, 2D barcode reader, contact smart card reader, magnetic stripe card reader, rfid reader, signature capture, mrz (password) reader and fingerprint reader are available - Grabba International ) ,who makes a wide range of products for other smartphones/PDAs, but they currently do not make one for the Evo. The customer just invested a lot of money into the Evo for all of their techs, so they're wanting to stick with these phones. I know that there is the barcode app for consumer shopping, but does anyone know of any attachments and/or apps that would work for what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks

acarson,
    Howdy and welcome to the forum!

I've heard of some people having mixed success pairing bluetooth barcode scanners with smartphones. I wouldn't spend too much time looking into corded barcode scanners - most of those still seem to use outdated serial interfaces. Check out this youtube video for a demo of this software.

I haven't used this software, personally, but you've got a bluetooth phone and a bluetooth barcode scanner - makes good sense that it should work! I hope this helps. Please keep us updated on if this works out or if not, what solution they came up with. With the Evo View coming out later this year, I can see that as being a really handy inventory/POS device if there were a nice, workable, way to hook up a barcode scanner.

Thanks
    acarson727, the Socket CHS is compatible. This week, they just posted an update to their SocketScan software in Android Market for Evo 4G. Here is a video they did showing another Android phone.
    YouTube - socketmobile's Channel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luvi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome! Thanks, luvi. I new that there had to be such a thing out there.

Thanks
    Bluetooth barcode scanners? I had no idea such a thing even existed! What would you use this for? Comparing store prices? o_o

Thanks
    :O wow, I had no idea that bluetooth barcode scanners were such a thing also. This could be so very very useful!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acarson727 View Post
    I have a customer who is looking for some sort of barcode scanner so that they can quickly take inventory and reorder parts for their service tech's trucks. I have looked at Grabba ( Attachments for PDA and Smartphone. 1D barcode scanner, 2D barcode reader, contact smart card reader, magnetic stripe card reader, rfid reader, signature capture, mrz (password) reader and fingerprint reader are available - Grabba International ) ,who makes a wide range of products for other smartphones/PDAs, but they currently do not make one for the Evo. The customer just invested a lot of money into the Evo for all of their techs, so they're wanting to stick with these phones. I know that there is the barcode app for consumer shopping, but does anyone know of any attachments and/or apps that would work for what I'm trying to accomplish?
    I googled like barcode app for consumer shopping and there came out several available options.

+ Reply to Thread