+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Discuss Dropped Calls at the HTC Evo Talk within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; Do you get a lot of dropped calls with the HTC Evo? Don't you hate it when the HTC Evo ...
    Thanks

Dropped Calls

Do you get a lot of dropped calls with the HTC Evo? Don't you hate it when the HTC Evo drops calls? Don't you wish you never got dropped calls with the HTC Evo?

Blame Sprint for making your Evo drop the call, because it's not your phone's fault! I always get dropped calls more frequently now and it is very annoying and I am blaming Sprint because of this! Sprint needs to have more reliable satellites in my area because it always drops calls! It makes me so mad because it always drops calls when I have an important business discussion or I am talking with my family. That is the worst possible time to drop a call!

Thanks
    I haven't noticed this, it's happened once but I thought that was my fault...

Thanks
    I haven't had much trouble with this either. I had recently switched over from a Blackberry that dropped all the time so I definitely can't complain about a couple dropped calls.

Good luck with it though.

Thanks
    I never get dropped calls with my EVO.

Thanks
    I never get dropped calls with my EVO either
    you need better towers in your area

Thanks
    I have the same problem sometime, only occasionally but yes unfortunately at least in my case, it is due to the towers.

Thanks
    You're partially correct and completley wrong if that makes sense. You're correct in saying that your EVO is dropping calls this is a known issue with the EVO 4G and even the EVO Shift and there is a correction in the works but not exactly sure when. In the mean time the fix is to try and do a "update data profile" or a "hard reset" a hard reset is just simply removing the battery while your phone is still on and then replacing after about 5 minutes. After doing either don't access any data for atleast 15 minutes let your phone "think" this should re sync your device to the network and the android market. Another hidden solution is to sign off your gmail from a computer and then sign back on and then re sync your phone to Google. You might be thinking that Google has nothing to do with your dropped calls however since your device is constantly in contact with Google the Android App sometimes has a tendancy to bog down your overall service to the device.
    Also where you're SLIGHLY correct is that Sprint with the other carriers have had several 4G issues the last couple of months due to the increasing demand of 4G service. Where Sprint is to blame is that they do not place a cap on your data usuage like Verizon and AT&T and TMobile do(ask them they have to by law tell you this) which is one reason that Sprint requires the Premium Data Add On to smart phones (if you purchased one or upgraded to a smart phone after January 30,2011.)
    As far as Sprint needing more Satelites.......IF that were true and Sprint used Satelite then people would not be able to afford to use the service. Satelite phones are VERY expensive and VERY expensive to use. Sprint and even Verizon both are on the CDMA network which are towers not satelites. (yes they are both on the same network but opposite to beliefs phones are not compatible and no not even "unlocked" or "jail broken" phones can be used on on opposite carriers.) So in short both carriers have had 3G and 4G network events and presently there are over 322 Sprint towers and 180 booster Antennas are being constructed nationwide by Sprint.
    By the way I am not promoting Sprint by any means but I have been a Sprint Call center Agent for eight years and I really can not believe I am thinking about work right now!!! I deal with HTC issues all day long and escalations due to 4G issues (I'm a supervisor). So hopefully this will shed a little light on the issue that ALL carriers are currently having. Save yourself a headace because unless you're in a area devasted by natrual disasters Sprint nor Verizon are issuing too many service credits or adjustments do these outages(read your agreement either on paper or sprint.com you will see that "I the undersigned understand that due to network issues that I may no receive credits due to outage events")

Blame Sprint for making your Evo drop the call, because it's not your phone's fault! I always get dropped calls more frequently now and it is very annoying and I am blaming Sprint because of this! Sprint needs to have more reliable satellites in my area because it always drops calls! It makes me so mad because it always drops calls when I have an important business discussion or I am talking with my family. That is the worst possible time to drop a call![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Oh yeah something else if those solutions don't work take your phone to a repair center (look it up online if it say's "ready now store" that means it's a repair location. Let them do a diagnosis of your device. If there is a problem with it and you have TEP (total equipment protection) you MAY qualify for an Advanced Exchange where Sprint will trade you out for a like phone (no deductible like you would have to pay through Asurion).

Thanks
    I have good service in my area with Sprint and have been with them 4-5 years
    ATnT is the carrier with garbage service in my area,
    but I think that`s everywhere Lol

Thanks
    By the way I do agree that Google has A LOT to do with the EVO
    I had to have my phone reset because I kept getting an Error message
    from Google and the only way to get rid of it- is to have it reset and start from scratch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast