+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Discuss Battery Drain!!! at the HTC Evo Talk within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; Ever since the latest update my battery (and my girlfriend's battery) on both of our phones are draining like crazy!!! ...
    Thanks

Battery Drain!!!

Ever since the latest update my battery (and my girlfriend's battery) on both of our phones are draining like crazy!!!

What's the scoop?

Other than all the other suggested fixes to preserving battery life... can anyone else explain this? Literally three or four hours and the battery's cooked!!!

HELP!!!

Thanks
    Same thing here. The last "down load" is killing my battery. I used to be able to go all day 8 am till 8 pm and still have 40% battery. Now the phone is dead in 4 hours. How do I go back to the earlier version?

Thanks
    Exact same thing here -- phone is dead in a couple of hours after the last update. I used to get 16-24 hrs away from charger depending on usage. I've been removing my apps thinking that one may have gone haywire, but it hasn't made any difference. I'm not seeing many people complain about this online, but surely we can't be the only ones...? This is beginning to be a major headache. I've been putting this off for a while, but it looks like I have to start investigating this further because the charging issue is becoming very problematic. Please update this thread if you find out any further info, as I will likewise do. I also may post in some other online forums.

Funny thing is...my phone is pretty close to factory vanilla...so I'm not sure why more people aren't experiencing this...

Thanks
    The #1 thing that drains batteries is EMAIL. If you are using an Exchange Server amd you have your setting on "get Email AS IT ARRIVES" then this means the EVO is 100% of the time checking your Email and will drain your battery in a matter of 3 to 4 hours. Look at the settings of ALL your Email accounts and change them to once every 2 hours. Also to REFRESH when you open up your Email. That way - when you open up your Email - you already see what happened in the past 2 hours but you can respond to 1 Email and by the time you are done with that, the rest of your Emails would have refreshed and now you can respond to everything. That setting change, took my battery from 3 hours to 12 hours. If you insist on having every feature enabled, well, yes - your battery WILL drain - so buy another battery and keep it in your car or on you. I travel 5 days a week - I bought 2 additional 1750ma batteries because many times, my day starts at 5AM to catch a flight and by the time I am done with business it is Midnight on another coast - and yes, I sometimes have to pop a second battery and a 3rd battery if I am replying to 100+ Emails and some texts and other things that I am doing. So invest $30 additional bucks and get a 2nd battery if you are a heavy user - hey at least we EVO users/owners HAVE A CHOICE - we can DO this - imagine owning an iPhone and draining in 4 hours and you can NOT change the battery - now what ? At least we can change a battery in less than 3 minutes (including recycling of the phone). They can NOT.

Thanks
    Okay the email thing has got to be false. Because since I've had the phone its been on stock settings. And it did the update while I was in Germany and only operating on WiFi. But since I've been back in America instead of my phone lasting 16-30 hours, depending on usage, I'm having to charge it 3 times a day. For example I had 87% last night aNd I slept over at a friends. And when I woke up my evo was dead, not even 1% left. And that's never happened that fast before, considering I slept only 5 hours. And when my phone is just idling with no apps running, it averages 101-106 degrees. And I haven't installed any new applications or anything, I've only ran the android update, so what's up.

Thanks
    It`s the Gingerbread update along with having Mobile network enabled 24-7
    Disable Mobile Network- turn the brightness down to 25% - Use Juice defender app
    Turn everything else off while not it use Bluetooth- WifI- GPS-

after doing these steps you should have better battery life!
    Be sure to buy EXTENDED 3500 MAH BATTERIES

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoofox View Post
    Okay the email thing has got to be false. Because since I've had the phone its been on stock settings. And it did the update while I was in Germany and only operating on WiFi. But since I've been back in America instead of my phone lasting 16-30 hours, depending on usage, I'm having to charge it 3 times a day. For example I had 87% last night aNd I slept over at a friends. And when I woke up my evo was dead, not even 1% left. And that's never happened that fast before, considering I slept only 5 hours. And when my phone is just idling with no apps running, it averages 101-106 degrees. And I haven't installed any new applications or anything, I've only ran the android update, so what's up.
    First, you are replying to a very old post so what that guy experienced is not going to be the same as your experience.

Every phone is different. You need to use apps like Spare Parts, Watchdog or Android Booster to pinpoint what is eating the battery. You may want to try and factory reset your phone. You will need to backup all your apps, contacts (backup to gmail), texts, etc before you factory reset. It's not a clear cut solution but it could help figure out what is killing the battery. Try using juice defender and turning off mobile (like Euphorian suggested) when not in use.

Also, turn off and remove any task killers if you are using them.
    Last edited by Jive Turkee; 08-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Favum 1.1d ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Decks Reloaded ROM
    HTC EVO 4G MIUI ICS ROM (wife's)
    B&N Nook Color CM 7.2 Mirage Kang ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Mokee ROM
    EVO Shift MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G Stock

Thanks
    yea watchdog is a really good app
    it`ll let you know if something is going wackey
    on your phone

Then just get rid of that app

Thanks

Re: Battery Drain!!!

Okay the email thing has got to be false. Because since I've had the phone its been on stock settings. And it did the update while I was in Germany an
    First, you are replying to a very old post so what that guy experienced is not going to be the same as your experience.

Every phone is different. You need to use apps like Spare Parts, Watchdog or Android Booster to pinpoint what is eating the battery. You may want to try and factory reset your phone. You will need to backup all your apps, contacts (backup to gmail), texts, etc before you factory reset. It's not a clear cut solution but it could help figure out what is killing the battery. Try using juice defender and turning off mobile (like Euphorian suggested) when not in use.

Also, turn off and remove any task killers if you are using them.

Very sound advice and always remember ota's are EVIL!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Thanks

Battery draining fast.......

When I go to the applications and click on running apps. I am able to stop the majority of applications that are draining my battery. The problem that I am having is I some someone to send me some info on what needs to run. apparently when I stop apps from running, the app will turn itself on automatically. This is good but the problem that I see happening is that some of the apps that should not be running has been turn back on by another application. This is really driving me crazy. The first time this happened to me, I was able to return my phone and get a new one. I was never so happy to see my phone last longer than 4 hours. Well, I am back again to less than 4 hours and sometimes my phone just won't charge unless I turn it off. this is really bad guys. Any intelligent suggestions????? I thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast