+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Discuss EVO 3D won't hold WiFi connection at the HTC Evo 3D Talk within the HTC Evo 4G Forums, Evo 3D Forums , and Evo View Forums; Is anyone else experiencing this issue?? I connect and remember WiFi hotspots where ever I find them. This saves battery ...
    Thanks

EVO 3D won't hold WiFi connection

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?? I connect and remember WiFi hotspots where ever I find them. This saves battery life at an exponential rate and generally allows faster data access. I am noticing that whether I'm at the office or home that after a certain period of time the phone will drop the connection and switch to 3/4G instead. My old EVO used to be pretty solid at holding WiFi connections. Otherwise I am very pleased with this new version of the EVO and would highly recommend it as the top smartphone on the market today.

Thanks

me too!

Mine does this too. I checked my wifi advanced settings and tithe sleep policy is set to turn off after 15 min. Since I never touched this before, I'm gonnavassume this is a default setting. You can change it to never and you won't have this problem (but ur battery will drain faster)....or you can set it to stay on only when plugged in and just keep it plugged up when your at work or home.

Thanks
    I'm wondering where you found these advanced WiFi settings on the EVO 3D??

Thanks
    Hmm I never had a problem with WiFi.
    Mine holds a solid signal.

Thanks

(Hit Menu button), then "Settings", "Wireless & Networks", "Wifi Settings", (Hit Menu button), then "Advanced Settings", "Wifi Sleep Policy". Then select how you want your wifi to behave.

I just finished testing it with "Best Wifi Performance" checked as well, but it seems to still go back to 3g after I haven't used it for awhile. So now I'm testing it without that checked...so start there.

Thanks
    @Euphorian---What's your wifi sleep policy set to?

Thanks
    If this happens do a battery pull and try it again.

I have an EVO 4G running Sense 3.0 and I lose wifi on one particular rom (Mik3D). I usually pull the battery and it sticks again.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Favum 1.1d ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Decks Reloaded ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • MIUI ICS ROM (wife's)
    B&N Nook Color • CM 7.2 Mirage Kang ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Mokee ROM
    EVO Shift• MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G • Stock

Thanks
    @Jive Turkey-Ummm...not trying to diss your status as a super moderator and all but I believe this might be a different circumstance. Every phone that I have had (mogul, touch pro, touch pro 2, evo4g) with an "built" Rom installed has had issues here and there. We are talking about an Evo 3d with its native rom. Although out the box phones also have their problems, your relating it to a different phone...with a "built" rom. I truly believe this is just a settings issue because changing the settings from the default "turn off wifi after 15 min" to "never" fixed my problem. Once again...no offense

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reggiep View Post
    @Jive Turkey-Ummm...not trying to diss your status as a super moderator and all but I believe this might be a different circumstance. Every phone that I have had (mogul, touch pro, touch pro 2, evo4g) with an "built" Rom installed has had issues here and there. We are talking about an Evo 3d with its native rom. Although out the box phones also have their problems, your relating it to a different phone...with a "built" rom. I truly believe this is just a settings issue because changing the settings from the default "turn off wifi after 15 min" to "never" fixed my problem. Once again...no offense

I said TRY and do a battery pull, I didn't say it was THE answer. Some issues can be solved by doing simple steps but you have to try them. I understand the differences between roms and such but if you don't try and troubleshoot easy steps, you may make a big step and do something unnecessary.

BTW, my wife has the EVO 3D and I've had to do different troubleshooting steps to solve some "bugs" so I know the difference.

Also my "status" as super moderator has nothing to do with my knowledge. I learn new things like everybody else. I don't claim to know any better than anyone else. Being a moderator of a forum is mainly to keep it running smoothly.
    Last edited by Jive Turkee; 08-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Favum 1.1d ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Decks Reloaded ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • MIUI ICS ROM (wife's)
    B&N Nook Color • CM 7.2 Mirage Kang ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Mokee ROM
    EVO Shift• MikRunny ROM
    LG 500G • Stock

Thanks
    We are all friends here.

We all need to take a deep breath and relax.
    Not every tip is going to work rite off the bat !
    It`s trial and error.

That`s what forums are for...
    As Jive said we all learn things as we go along

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast